Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data types - integer element...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a little doubt!

I’m creating a data type and when I need to specify the length of my integer element with fraction values, I have two gaps to fulfill: first TotalDigits and the second is FractionDigits. My question is: If I have an integer (7, 2) my TotalDigits is equal to 9 or 10? I don’t know if coma (,) counts in TotalDigits?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have integer (7,2) means you have total 7 digits and out of seven 2 digits are after decimal place.

It is not like total digits equals to 9 or 10.

And coma(,) is not part of any integer.

For example Integer(7,2) means 12345.00 or it may be 12345 only

If you observe above i.e 12345.00, you have5 digits in left side of the decimal and 2 digits are after the decimal.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Moorthy,

I have another litlle doubt that I think you can help me.

I need to specify the format of a date like yyyymmdd, how I can do this in my xsd element?I say something like pattern in default values, but I don't have sure...

Thanks again,

regards,

Ricardo.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right,

You can change the format in the Pattern only. In the Pattern you can give like this yyyymmdd.

But let me tell one more thing, currently data facets are not working in XI. So if you want your target strucuture should contain dates in specified format , do this formatting in the Mapping. In mapping you have built in functions for the same.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Yes, i agree its better to solve in mapping , you can use DateTrans, please see my replies in this thread and other replies you will get a good idea,

And in case you are willing to learn about data types and xsd in SAP XI, Did you see this pdf,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/25c78f79-0801-0010-1e8d-c7f...

Page 8 onwards.

Regards,

Anirban.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ricardo,

the Total lenght will be 10,even ',' will be counted.

Regards,

Anuradha.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it should be 9,

totalDigits

Specifies the total number of digits in a number. Only xsd:positiveInteger type values are valid.

Comma is not talked i guess,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b2/439347ce019848bf3ad9c000d414c3/frameset.htm

Regards,

Anirban.