cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WhsName on Sales Order - not showing using Print Layout Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

The request:

Show Warehouse Name on Sales Order; add data field to print layout design form.

Current:

Only the warehouse code can be shown using OWHS; WhsName does not populate the data field.

Attempted:

Beyond using OWHS, also tried using the "Location" field (which is populated with the same information as Warehouse Name). Other tables have been hit, but can only seem to find the code.

Thank you in advance,

Russell Clayton

Sweet Leaf Tea Co

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russel,

You need to use the relate to option in PLD.

Procedure:

1. Add the Database field - RDR1.Whscode

2. Link the above field in the Relate To (in the contents tab of the Field Properties) box of the OWHS.WhsName field.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hamsa

Regards,

Hamsa

Edited by: Hamsa Gunaseelan on Nov 25, 2008 4:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried both of your suggestions (QUT1.whscode; your original post) and RDR1.whscode and linking that to OWHS.warehousename, but that did not work. It will not print/preview/export to pdf. The QUT1 suggestion did not print the rows of the sales order.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Russell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russell,

Let me repeat the steps (which I've tried out in my test database and works!) . Please reconfirm that you are following them exactly -

1. Create a database field - RDR1.WhsCode say Field_201. in the page header area of the PLD (I assume you want to show the warehouse name on the Page header - you can do the same in the rows as well. But both the fields should be in the same area).

2. Create another database field - OWHS.WhsName say Field_202 in the same area.

3. Now in Field_202, in the relate to field, link Field_201.

4. Hide Field_201.

The above steps will display the Warehouse name in field_202.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hamsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! That worked!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russell

To add the warehouse name to the SO report using the Print Layout designer you can do the following:

Create a database field in the repeitive area and on the content tab select Table: warehouses and Column: warehouse name and the warehouse name will print.

If you want it on the Sales Order window I would creat a UDF and use a search with a saved query.

Hope this helps

regards

Stewart Clark

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Russell Clayton,

Could you please tell what you did after adding the Database Field and Selecting Table OWHS

Did you actually Select the Warehouse Code field on the Repetitive Area in the Relate To area of the OWHS field