cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS country specific screens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me how the country specific ESS webdynpro service "Address" is getting called for different country users? I would like to know the methodology followed by SAP to call different country specific screens.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

just have a look at this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2d/e7381138a8d2458f1f4fac32614f71/content.htm

this contain the deatails of your requirement.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishor,

The link which you are referring is internationalisation. This is not am looking for. In an ESS service depending upon country, screen is displayed. For eg: USA user gets one address screen and UK user gets another. Language is same but display of fields in those screens varies. More specifically in UK screen region field is displayed but not in USA screen. Please let me know how SAP has done this for many countries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Country and service specific settings are made in the backend.Check IMG configuration in ECC or R/3 .. Or ask HR functional consultants.. They might help you out.

And if you are asking how different data with different fields is shown to the users, the BAPIs will be giving you different data for different countries..

Each coutry specific setting has a specific application which is called.Each country specific application will have different implementation based on the coutry standards.

For example Personal Data has Personal_US or Personal_DE etc.,

You can install JDI , open the WD code and check it. You will get a clearer picture of the whole scenario.

Hope it was useful.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Message was edited by: Bharathwaj R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

You said "Each coutry specific setting has a specific application which is called", i would like to know the setting how it was done and how that country specific application will be called. Please remember i am asking in Web dynpro based solution to ESS services not the ITS based solution.

Hope my question is clear.

Thanks,

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I am not talking about ITS based applciations. ITS based applications always show the transaction view.

If you go to IMG configuration, there are a lot of services defined.Each service represents a webdynpro applciation . For each coutry specific setting , there is a service for each country which in turn is mapped to WD apps.

Its more of a ECC related setting than WD s. SAP has designed in such a way that you can control the whole ESS WD app from the backend itself.

If you want a very detailed information on how this tight integration works.. and where in code a particular service is determined..It must be based on some BAPIs.

Whenever we click a link WD app, ECC system will generate the link based on the service and on country .

The link given will vary for each country.

I am not aware of how "what country link to send " is identified.

It might probably be with the help of some BAPIs.

Check SAP home page framework . You might get some details from it. There is a weblog on this topic in SDN.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathwaj,

Your answer throwing some light. Can u help me more like in R/3 IMG where i can check for the settings which you outlined below.

Thanks,

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Web Dynpro based business packages work only with mySAP Business suite.

It won't work in R/3. For R/3 , ITS based transaction only are available.

In case its available .. it will be in :

You can check this using the transaction SPRO -> IMG .

In that Personnel Mangement -> Employee Self Service.

Regards

Bharathwaj