Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDK.NET and Back Button Behaviour : Page Expired

igor_vernelen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After upgrading to EP6.0 SPS12 to EP6.0 SPS15 we are experiencing problems with an application developed in PDK.NET (version used is PDK.NET 1 Patch 3).

We created an application in PDK.NET used to show a kind of hierarchy-drilldown tree. The iview shows a table with some data. When clicking on one of the table entries the same iview is refreshed and data 1 level down the hierarchy is shown. When pressing an entry in the table again the iview is refreshed and data 1 level down the hierarchy is shown,... This way we can drill down in the hiearchy.

Before upgrading our portal (we were on EP6 SP12) we could press the browsers (I.E. 6.0 SP2) back button to go up one level in the hierarchy,...

However since the upgrade to EP6 SP15 our users complain that they often get "<b>Page Expired</b>" error messages when pressing backbutton to go one level up in the hierarchy using the application above.

I find it hard to believe that upgrading our portal has anything to do with it.

Does anyone has the same issue? any solutions for this ?

Regards,

Igor.

Message was edited by: Igor Vernelen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

igor_vernelen3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are upgrading to PDK.NET 2.0 in a few days (hopefully). However, It seems portal-version related as there is another post started the same time as I posted this :

/thread/107742 [original link is broken] (Portal implementation forum)

Hope a solution comes up there.

Regards,

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

First - good idea with the upgrade. Version 2 is packed with great new features and bug fixes.

About the other solution - they offered there to use the bread crumb. I still think it would be better (UI-wise) if your iView itself offered a way for going up the tree in a "cleaner" way... "back" is never a good idea (though I understand the urge to solve it that way). A good solution would be to put a link on all hierarchy levels, navigating directly to that level.

something like this:

-

<a href="level1">level1</a>

|__<a href="level2A">level2A</a>

|__<a href="level2B">level2B</a>

.....|__<a href="level3">level3</a>

[Table]

-

Regards,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

just to clarify first - have you upgraded the PDK version during this update?

Anyway - I'm not sure I understand the problem. "page expired" (as far as I know) happens when the cache (or session) times-out, and it's due to security reasons. So your problem could be related to browser updates, or something of the sort. Doesn't sound related to the upgrade (though I can't be sure without looking at your actual portal...).

What you could do is implement a "cleaner" way to go back (with a link on the tree node for example). Or make sure the page isn't cached (not recommended).

Or if all this doesn't help - open an OSS to SAP and have the support take a look

Regards,

Ofer