cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC-->XI-->IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know/conform the settings of IDOC adapter. Please find my doubt in SAP basic settings while configuring IDOC adapter.My scenario is

IDOC ( Client 501 )--> XI ( Client 123 ) --> IDOC ( Client 501 ) all the clients are in the single R/3 system.

In the Sender R/3 system....(Client 501)

1.Create an RFC destination (SEN_501) to XI in the SEN R/3 system using SM59. ( What username i need to maintain in the remote logon tab ( XI?) )

2.Create a transactional port (PORT_501) to XI using the RFC destination SEN_501, created in the above step ( Please confirm this )

3.Create a Partner agreement using transaction we20 in the sender ( Client 501) system. ( What it the Partner number? i have used the logical name of the Client 502 )

In the Integration Server...(Client 123 )

Do i need to create any RFC destination ( SM59 ) here in XI to connect to client 501 system?

Create port using IDX1 ( SAPNW4 ) what port i need to give here ?

In the receiver system..(Client 502)

Create Partner profile using WE20 ( i have used logical name of client 501 as a partner no. )

Do i need to do any RFC destination in SM59?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Lila

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Points awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your reply.. it solved most of my doubts.. except...the step 4.a

You said create a partner profile. that is fine but while creating i want to know what partner number i have to give ( sender client logical system id or receiver client logical system id ?)

Thanks again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the logical system same as XI Client logical system name in Target SAPR/3 System

With Inbound Parameters.

Before creating partner create the logical system in BD54 target SAP sytem...then you create the Partner and partner type : LS.

Regards,

venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You wrote as " <i>I would like to know/conform the settings of IDOC adapter. Please find my doubt in SAP basic settings while configuring IDOC adapter.My scenario is

IDOC ( Client 501 )--> XI ( Client 123 ) --> </i>

I am a bit confused on this, If idoc is sending data to xi you donot need an sender idoc adapter as it sits on abap stack and has all the information it needs.

You can refer this thread and my replies and other replies,

OR Are you talking of settings needed to post an idoc to SAP XI, Like say from we19??

If thats the case you roughly need the following,

Configurations in R/3 side

1. SM 59 (RFC destinations)

Create a RFC destination on the XI server. The connection type should be R/3 connection. The target host needs to be the XI server.

2. WE 21 (Ports in IDOC processing)

Create a transactional port. Provide the RFC destination created in this.

3. BD 54

Create a logical system.

4. WE 20 (Partner Profiles)

a. Create a new partner profile under partner type LS.

b. Assign the message type in outbound parameters.

c. Open the message type (Dbl click) and configure the receiver port to the port created.

Configurations in XI server

1. SM59 (RFC destination)

Configure the RFC destination specific to the R/3 system.

2. IDX1 (Port maintenance in IDOC Adapter)

Create a port and provide the RFC destination.

Hope this helps you,

all the best,

Anirban.