cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 7.10. GUI Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

In need of some help deploying SAP 7.10 GUI. I am using an Instillation Server and although I setup the credentials for DS and IS services as global admin, I am still unable to get the instillation to work on the local workstation (permission denied administrator permission needed).

Can you please advise me as to what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Iqbal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we see some strange situation before, some times it comes when the authorizations on

$ProgramFiles$\SAP folder are not set to "read" and "read and execute" for everyone(or required user) ....

Also are this PC in same domain and are your Global admin are Domain admin? Are you set password correct?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, The PC's are in the same domain and the Global admin are Domain admin. What puzzles me is that i followed the GUI manual and started the DS and IS services with the highest authority, but still am unable to get this to bypass the local policy.

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not at work,and can't remember where sapsetup creates this log files, try to check on Programfiles\SAP or on windows folder (try to find by last modyfied if can't find in this directories). From logs you can check why it doesn't work. Try to check on other PC it works or not? Regards.

HolgerMairon
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

There is a note - I forgot the number - but it gives some tests you should do to find the reason for LSH problems: can the computers (Client / Server) PING each other? can you "net view" each comptuter from the other one?

Do you use vista as client os? then you should enable remote service control at the firewall, I guess.

But Sergio was right: the best hints you will get from the .log files :

%programfiles%\SAP\SAPsetup\logs

both on the clients and on the server.

regards

HoM

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iqbal,

please check if you have you correctly configured local security handling.

"Local Security Handling when configured successfully allows users on the network to deploy SAP Front-End Components on their Workstation using NetWeaver SAPSetup without requiring administrative privileges on their Workstation."

so if you don't have administrative authorization on the local station, or trying to install from an account without admin auth, it might give you this error.

Regards,

Debasis.