cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in event linkage to proxy: context (non) optional field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I am working on Event Infrastructure, implementing a BAM prototype. I'd like in binding business object events to proxy client messages, and seems SWF_BAM is a good code-less solution. So, after created Data & Message Type, Message Interface outbound async, and generated proxy object from SPROXY, I realized that default method for async execution has an optional field named CONTROLLER, referencing interface type IF_AI_POSTING_CONTROLLER.

On SWF_BAM binding, this parameter needs to be specified, even if optional, but I am not able in understanding what can be bounded as source element. Yes, of course, on a normal ABAP report should be possible to instantiate needed objects, but nothing useful on source business object.

My landscape: R/3 4.7 (BASIS 6.20, APPINT installed), PI 7.0.

I have read many of weblogs (thanks Michael!), power points, pdf and so on, so am thinking these something related to BASIS 6.20 ...

Best regards

Pasquale

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an upgrade ...

I tried in implementing SWF_BAM on NetWeaver BI 7.0, so both XI and BW are aligned to NetWeaver 2004s. Configured HTTP and TCP/IP connections as stated in XI configuration guide for proxy integration, with no errors on checking.

Created a Message Interface (outbound, async) for proxy eventing, on BASIS 7.0 sw component, into the XI box.

SPROXY generated correct client proxy object, but SWF_BAM does not permit me to make binding between business object event and proxy object, since method EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS does not exist in specified proxy.

Thanks to other posts on SDN forums, I realized proxy segnature has been changed from 6.40, so method "EXECUTE*" has been replaced with Message Type name. Well, the generated method has not the CONTROLLER reference to IF_AI_POSTING, but Binding Editor is not compliant with new proxy generation style.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pasquale

Did you manged to solve this issue ?

I am facing the sameone

thx

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shai,

issue not solved, it seems to be a bug. I made some test in a full NW 7.0 environment (Basis 7.0 and PI 7.0) and problem still remain.

I succeded with ECC 5.0 (basis 6.40) with PI 7.0, due to "old" proxy mode generation, I suppose, but need to run BAM capabilities in 4.7 enterprise with PI 7.0 and ... nothing to do.

I will open an OSS note when we start with project implementation.

Best Regards

Pasquale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever get a solution for this problem? Can you share it?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

just create EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS operation in your interface in ESR and create your proxy, problem solved.