cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilanguage Multicurrency WebTools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue one of my clients, they need webtools to be set up in multiple languages and currency's

How do i go about this?

i have succesfully created my ENGLISH CANADIAN website.

I now have to create an ENGLISH UNITED STATES website as well as a FRENCH CANADIAN website.

Should i create a new instance in webtools ex: B1WebTools, B1WebTools_US, B1WebTools_FR.

The US and canadian websites are exact replicas except for the currency.

The enlglish and french are exactly the same except the language.

If anyone can offer some insight id be more than happy to hear your opinions. Points will be distributed accordingly

Thank you Very much

Sebastiano

Edited by: Sebastiano Todaro on Oct 7, 2008 10:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastiano,

Officially, we do not support non-English versions and SAP does not provide translations for the UI and there is no support for multi-currency.

Having said that, there are facilities to create your own translation if you want to put in the work.

To create a translation, there are 4 basic steps:

1. Create a new theme and set the cultural encoding to your desired culture.

2. Use the string editor to update the UI strings. The string editor is the button next to the help button above the sliding menu in admin. The interface is hopefully simple enough for you to figure out.

3. Use the theme editor to translate any text that is in the theme.

4. Update the translations that are data driven. These include translations of item descriptions and data in the dropdowns (among others). If you get this far, post again and I will provide a list of all of these.

As for multi-currency, this feature is currently under development and will be in SP1, which will hopefully be available in the spring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shane

That was a very helpful answer, it cleared up alot that i was having issues with.

may i just ask you to elaborate on # 4

"4. Update the translations that are data driven. These include translations of item descriptions and data in the dropdowns (among others). "

Thanks again Shane

Former Member
0 Kudos

All of the UI strings are stored in the NPStrings table and are edittable via the string editor.

There are a number of other translations that are housed in different tables and are accessible in their associated area in admin.

For instance, item description is set per catalog (and each catalog is assigned to a theme which has an encoding, so the description must be entered in the language of the theme). So if you create a French-Canadian catalog, you would edit the catalog specific item description on the ~/admin/catalog/part.aspx page, Details->Descriptors tab.

Most of the drop downs are populated from the NPCodes table. This data can be found under the definitions->code definitions menu. If you click the string editor icon on the code, it will bring up the translations for the data in that code. All of these codes will need to be translated.

Those are the two most important, but there are a few others locations as well. I would need to track them down to give you a complete list.

Answers (0)