Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB00 tab controls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to control tab access using security in FB00 (Accounting Editing Options)?

We need some super users to have access to all tabs and most of the other end users to have access to very few tabs within FB00.

Thanks

VP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

These settings are pretty much like User Parameters. I doubt if you can use any authorizations around it to restrict it. Did you try to turn on the trace ST01 and see if it could be controlled by the tangible Auth Objects.

Gp

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

These settings are pretty much like User Parameters. I doubt if you can use any authorizations around it to restrict it. Did you try to turn on the trace ST01 and see if it could be controlled by the tangible Auth Objects.

Gp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, GP.

I didn't try trace yet. However, looking at SU24, I see only the following Auth. Objects can be verified from transaction FB00.

F_BPKF_BUK

S_ADMI_FCD

S_BTCH_ADMI

S_CTS_ADMI

S_DATASET

S_DEVELOP

S_DOKU_AUT

S_GUI

S_OLE_CALL

S_PACKSTRU

S_RFC

S_SPO_DEV

S_TABU_DIS

S_TCODE

S_TRANSLAT

S_TRANSPRT

None of these objects are relevant to any tab controls.

Regards,

VP

0 Kudos

The only one closest is the F_BKPF_BUK. But with that you may control access based on Company Code (SAP Proposal also says 'no') and not 'your request as Tabs based'.

Other solution is to create Transaction Variant to hide some of the fields and assign the custom T-code (ZFB00) to the large pool of end-users while give access to the actual T-code(FB00) to the super-users.

Gp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Gp.

That's exactly what I heard from another source as well.

VP.