Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Active Directory authentication WITHOUT SSO?

Everything I have found relating to Active Directory is based around getting SSO to work. Isn't there a halfway point that doesn't require touching every user and deploying complex config?

In simple terms I am looking to do this. I want to be able to set up a connection between the SAP application (not the GUI) and Active Directory, and have the user authentication be pulled from AD. We have dozens of systems and clients, and it would be really nice if we could set it up so that user SALES1234 (who also has a OFFICE\SALES1234 NT account), uses the same password in all systems.

Is there something that can be set up using the LDAP connector on the systems to either pull the passwords down to SAP, or authenticate against AD on the fly? It's not true SSO, but having a unified password strategy is a huge leap forward without having to invest in a huge project to touch users that are spread out globally.

Help? Any ideas?

Oh, I don't know much about AD, except ours uses Kerberos for authentication. Our systems are Solaris based.

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question