cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One Localizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a customer that has two branches one in Iceland and one in Luxembourg. I have installed the SAP 2007A on their server and I'm planning to create a separate company for each branch. The issue is that I can't figure it out which localization should I choose for these two countries. When I create a new company in the local settings none of these two countries is available. Is there anyone of you how knows?

Thank you

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

all SAP Business One localisations are set up according to the laws in that particular country, this includes taxation & finacial reporting. There are no localisations for the 2 countries you are looking for.

Your best option is to contact your local SAP field office & ask for assistance in contacting the field offices for Iceland & Luxembourg to find out about the requirements.

All the best,

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kerstin

I entered my question here as I was hoping that someone from this forum had the opportunity to install the software on these two countries. I already contacted the SAP office but they gave me the same answer, there is no specific localization made for these countries but they didnu2019t recommended one either. I'll try to contact directly the SAP branches on these two countries.

Thank you,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

On the main page of the Channel Partner Portal -> top right, there is a link "contact us". Here you will find the LPE for those countries. You can write to them directly for clarification.

Regards,

Paul Finneran

SAP Business One Forums Team

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

You could probably get some help from the local SAP contact...but it is quite possible you might not. I was recently involved in a few implementations for countries with No Localization, so I exactly know how it works.

Please let me know if you need further information

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info you solved a half of the problem (Luxembourg); in Iceland it doesn't seems to be any SAP contact on the portal. I've spoked with Adam about this issue, he also found only the Luxembourg's contact info.

Regards,

Alex

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member708266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please use the following query for identify the localization of your DB.

SELECT T0.Name FROM OCRY T0 Right outer join CINF T1 on T0.Code=T1.Lawsset

Regards

Apple

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex,

From my own personal experience, when there is no localization available, you could select the localization which resembles / is closest to these two countries.

Suppose Germany / France is a localization available and is similar to Luxembourg or somewhat close..you select one of them..Select your language..this is where the catch is...based on whether you want English / German / French..you could select the localization and the appropriate language. If you select German..the Chart of Accounts are going to have their description in German though the Module language would be English.

The important thing is setting the Chart of Account structure and VAT. There could also be other country specific requirements

u2022 Time/date displays

u2022 Measurement systems

u2022 Numbers

u2022 Currency

u2022 Legal conventions

u2022 Fonts

u2022 Icons

u2022 Cultural aspects

u2022 Content

u2022 Local conventions

Let me know and I would help you further to the extent I know

Suda