cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM37 Job Delay Seconds

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, When my scheduled LIS Jobs run on R3 I am noticing that they all show some kind of Delay in SM37 before they run. The Jobs run every 4 hours and during most of the runs there isn't any real amount of system activity going on so I'm guessing this shouldn't be happening.

Can anyone tell me what would cause this delay and what/should I do anything about it?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

How much is the delay? Is it < 60 seconds or more than that? The job scheduler wakes intermittently to run the background jobs (parameter rdisp/btctime in the instance profile). If it is more than that, then it usually there are no available jobs on the designated server or in the system.

-regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably there isn't sufficient BTC WP in your system. Check in RZ20 (CCMS) -> Background if there is an alert.

Probably you need to add more background wp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each instance of R/3 that is configured for background processing has an active time-controlled job scheduler, which checks in defined intervals whether any background jobs are waiting. The is controled by the parameter rdisp/btctime which by default is set to 60 seconds.