Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about ALV report. Please see

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to learn (and document) the process of making an ALV report (traditional and Object oriented). I am learning this too... I opened BALVEX01 and tried to understand it. My question is what is vex01top as in

include vex01top.

I tried to see the code of the include but cound not make understand it... My next question is what are the includes which I have to use in Traditional and Object Oriented ALV report? Is this always used?

Thanks,

Charles.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Include "vex01top" is the declaration of Selection screen. Before going ahead learning ALV better you try to understand the ways to declare the selection screen (Parameters, Select-option, Selection-Screen).

All the best.

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I can write complex selection screen with blocks, groups etc, But I can not get my head around writing ALV reports.. What is the best way to learn then systematically?

Charles.

0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

try this: "An easy reference for ALV grid control". It will provide you the basic information how to create and use ALV grids...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e8a1d690-0201-0010-b7ad-d9719a41...

Regards,

Karol