Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Cannot delete reports, unless I close and open Eclipse/Tomcat

Please can someone help me.

I cannot delete reports. I have not worked out all the details yet but this is what I got so far...

First I thought it was a problem with my tomcat setup, I would deploy my WAR and run the app. After

viewing the report and closing the browser. I would not beable to delete the rpt file until I close Tomcat.

I have now got a similar problem within Eclipse. (as far as I can tell its the same problem but even worse)

If i create any report and design it or even a new blank report. And not do anything to it, just save it as a blank report. I then try delete the

report. Right click and then delete.

After a few seconds Eclipse brings up an error and says it cant delete the file, the reason it gives is

Problems encountered while deleting resources.
  Could not delete 'C:\WorkSpace\Project\WebContent\Report1.rpt'.
    Problems encountered while deleting files.
      Could not delete: C:\WorkSpace\Project\WebContent\Report1.rpt.

I have tried creating a fresh new project and only one report. And I still get the error.

If I try delete the whole project perminatly it also gives the same error. (But deletes the default crystal report)

I have to close Eclipse and then open it again before I can delete the rpt files properly.

I have not always had this problem. It used to work fine (dont ask what I have done since

cause I would not beable to tell, sorry)

Hopefully someone can help me, as this is driving me insane, and having to stop and start Tomcat every

time I want to deploy a new test version is not really an option.

Cheers

Darren

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question