Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run time error -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I am constantly getting an error . Could anyone please tell what it exactly means and what ammendments can me done to rectify this.

Function Zcustomer_search Row 58 column 0 in PERFOMRM or Call Function 'addr_search_v2' the actual parameter'type_1_search_for' is incompatible with the formal parameter'search_for'. Caution : slin observes the catching of the runtime error by cx_sy_dyn_call_illegal_type.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>the actual parameter'type_1_search_for' is incompatible with the formal parameter'search_for'.

The answer to your question is right there.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>the actual parameter'type_1_search_for' is incompatible with the formal parameter'search_for'.

The answer to your question is right there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your Function 'addr_search_v2', the variable you are passing for 'search_for' export parameter is not compatible with the export parameter defined.

I mean this variable will not be of that type thats why it is dumping.

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

Actually I am trying to copy the fucntion module on to a z function module name as the parameter defined that related to a sap structure which I cannot chnage , so I am copying the addr_search_v2 onto z.... one and addin a new z structure with my additional fields onto it . Can I do that , can I copy that fucntion module onto a new fucntion module name and make amemdmenst on to them. If I copy teh functionmodule to a new one will everything related to it get copied too?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Basically what I have doen is , to create a new search help just to include two fields in DEBIX I have cloned debix with addition of two fields. I copied the whole function group VS04 onto my zfunction group . Used new structures with addition of two additional fields in them(customer_find, customer_found, addr1_find, addr2_find) . I am able to get everything except I am egtting stuck in this step of adding fucntion group addr_search_v2, whic uses structure addr1_data and I have to convert it to zaddr1_data as the structure will be same then, and thus I am egtting this runtime error, which I want to remove. Is it possible to do so as there are lots of performs ion teh FM which is really difficlut to copy .

Thanks