cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quirks with Email Distribution of Scheduled Reports in BOE XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently began scheduling reports (designed using Crystal Reports XI R2) on a BOE XI R2 server. The Destinations are specified as email addresses. We are distributing the reports only to internal email addresses, but we use the full internet address (e.g., john.doe ['at' symbol] mycorp.com). We separate the addresses with semi-colons and without spaces.

We have found that the system-generated email sometimes lists only the first name in the 'To' or 'CC' list, even though there are multiple addressees. For example, One of the scheduled jobs had 13 recipients in the 'To' list and 10 recipients in the 'CC' list. The job ran successfully according to the History. However, when recipients opened the email, both the 'To' and 'CC' showed only the first email address that was in each of those Destination address lists. So, it was impossible to tell from the email who else had received it (and to feel confident that all of the recipients really had received it).

We had another job that had approximately 20 recipients. That distribution failed with an error that said 'email address. Crystal Enterprise. Smtp: (501)', which led us to wonder if there is a limit on the number of recipients.

There are plenty of other instances where we have successfully run and distributed reports, but they've generally been instances with just one or two recipients.

I'd appreciate any tips from others who have had similar issues and figured out how to resolve them. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy,

What would be interesting to know is whether all the people in the TO list actually DID receive the report instance. If indeed only the first email address received the publication, then you might want to check if the email address separator (, or is an issue.

Honestly, I can't say I have faced this issue, but just a guess and trying to help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do know that at least several of the other people in the distribution list DID receive the email, but haven't reached out to everyone to confirm. The email that was received by those people is especially odd, because there name is not listed in the 'To', "Cc' or 'Bcc' field of the email.....yet they received it! The only names that appear in the 'To', 'Cc' and 'Bcc' fields of the email are the first names in the distribution list.

So, we know that the semi-colons are not fouling things up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ....I came across your thread when I was searching for a possible solution to figure out how to include/use the BCC while email distributing the reports.Can you please let me know where is the BCC field in the BOE XI R2.....as I see only the TO: &CC: fields???