cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMS batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a query FMS and assigned to freetxt field of the delivery order. Using the FMS, I expect that I can display batch no. of iem in the delivery order row line. Either one or more than one batch number but it is pooled together in the field/column.

E.g. item A, delivered with quantity 30 pieces and batch no. WQ120 to WQ 122, one batch no. = 10 pieces.

So, in the field, there will be WQ120, WQ121, WQ122. Is it possible to do that using FMS ? pls give advice

Rajh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure that B1 can generate a report containing batch and non batch item together. I mean you won't have a report that can display batch no. of batch item and non batch item. It exists especially in the B1 2005A but 2007A can solve this issue.

Rgds,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to use a function call to concat all the Batch number for the Item. Also, the Batch numbers are not associated to the Delivery till the time you actually Add it.

The columns at the row level cannot be accessed once the Delivery has been added, so FMS on delivery might not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for your quick reply. The impact for this is that the user can't have single report that can display all items either having batch no. or not. Instead of single report, SBO will generate separated report for batch no. report of the delivery order. This made us ashame before our customer. It seems that software we have can't have such a single report to display the batch and non batch items.

What should we do to resolve this problem ? could we use crystal report ?

I think I will create a UDF in the header level to display the batch no. but I need the query FMS to make them available.

Rajh

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by Single Report? Are you talking about the Print layout of Packing slip which prints the Batch numbers on a seperate sheet instead of on the same one?

You might be aware that in SBO 2007, this has been addressed. The Batch numbers print on the same sheet as the Packing Slip.

Please clarify