cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal Entry Project Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

One of our clients is facing an issue where they enter a marketing document (usually an A/R Invoice) with a project code on it, but the only field in the journal entry that gets populated with the project code is the sub ledger account. This means that the reporting that they want to be able to do on Revenue and COGS is unavailable unless they manually enter the project code into each journal entry.

Has anyone else faced this problem or found a reasonable workaround for it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Where are on the Document are you entering the Project Codes. The project codes have to be entered at the Row level.

Suda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the best possible solution that I can get is to have the user assign the project to each line of the marketing document before adding it. When this happens, it causes all of the lines in the journal entry except tax to be tagged properly with the project. The only drawback to this approach is that it does not tag the header of the journal entry.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

The way I have worked around this in the Past is by setting a formatted search on the row level Project column to copy the Project from the Header.

So it the user selects the Project on the Header..then whenever you add a row the Project would get copied. In case if you want a different project for some of the rows..the user could change the same.

Please let me know if you need further details on this.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please help how the project code can be copied while we select project at header level.

Please clarify more.

Thanks

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually solved this problem by creating a formatted search in the project code field on the line level that pulled the project code down from the header. This seems to work pretty well and keeps the users from having to take any further actions.

Thanks,

Kevin

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

the project code (PC) on the marketing document may only be applied to the business partner (BP), hence the only row in the associated journal entry (JE) with this project code is that of the BP.

You can link project codes to specific accounts (CoA -> select account -> account details -> project code) & this project code will then be assigned every time the account is found in a JE.

The drawback is naturally that the project code will then be pulled every time this account is used, regardless of whether or not the PC is associated with the BP or not.

It is possible to manually assign project codes to every row in a journal entry, hence this should also be possible with SDK. You might explore the possibility whether it might be possible to automatically assign the BP PC to all rows in the JE using a script.

All the best,

Kerstin

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the Project Code on all the lines/rows of the Journal Entry you can assign a Project Code manually on the header of the Journal Entry window and all the rows in the JE will be updated.

You can follow the above workaroundand check if it helps.

Also, the reason for it being not taken is as there can be various Invoices or enteries linked to different Project Codes; so an option to select whatever relevant and applicable.

The Project Code can be defaulted to the G/L Account in the CoA.

Note No. . 875291 can also be referred.

Hope I was of some help in your case.

Regards,

Jitin