Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal 9, Oracle stored procedure, and ASP.NET 2.0

Hello All,

I'm having trouble getting a Crystal 9 report that pulls data from Oracle native connection to run in the CrystalReportViewer control on my ASP.NET 2.0 web page. The report does have 2 subreports, and one of them uses a stored procedure returning a ref cursor. The rest of the report just pulls data from tables directly. I have Crystal designer 9 installed on my desktop and the report runs fine there. It is working for me when I run it on my local ASP.NET file system web server, but it is not working when I copy the web pages and report file to the development web server (W2K3 web edition). Here's what we've done to the web server so far:

- I have run CRRedist2005_x86.msi on the web server to install crystal.Net classes

- The web files reside in the D: drive, so I copied the CrystalReportWebFormViewer3 folder to the appropriate location on the D drive

- I copied the crdb_oracle.dll in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\2.7\Bin

- Our web user account has Read & Execute, List Contents, and Read permissions to the C:\Windows\Temp folder

The error that is returned is the u201CError in File C:\Windows\Temp\...: The request could not be submitted for background processingu201D. After some trial and error, I discovered that it was the stored procedure that is causing the error. Removing the stored procedure call is not an option as performance in this report is already an issue, and of course removing the ref cursor is not an option because that seems to be the only way Crystal can see data returned from a stored procedure.

This is the first time the company has ever done this as we currently use Crystal Enterprise for our web reporting, but we have a client that wants to see some reports from our web screens and time is running short on our deadline. Iu2019ve looked at the possibility of pulling the report from the web service that comes with Crystal Enterprise, but that idea was squashed by my IT manager (donu2019t get me started on that rant!). So, I guess my question is what do we need to install and/or configure on our web server to get this report to run?

Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question