cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX search - exclude full text search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible, that I can exclude the full text search in TREX, so that TREX is only searching for filenames?

If so, how could I do that with minimal effort?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Best regards

Joachim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochaim,

See this [Image|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/PYKCAw]

Is this ok???

Regards

BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobu,

yes, your image looks good. Except that I need a GUI so that I can toggle with a checkbox between either a full text or a document name search.

But this shouldn't be a problem as soon as I know how to exclude the full text search as shown in your solution.

How did you realize that?

Regards

Joachim

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jochaim,

I created a search option set and in the Predefined properties i gave display name.

Create a search option and a search component and link these into ur search iview.

In the search option u can give predefined properties as display name.

U can have a full text search and an optional Name search.

Check this link for [Search Options|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cc/f4e77ddef1244380b06fee5f8b892a/frameset.htm] and [Search Component|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f9/b84d40cef71059e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Regards

BP

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, my answer that this is possible means that you can write your own code (search iView) by using the KM API's.

But indeed it is not possible by configure the portal.

Within the search option you can use the parameter "Additional Search Properties" to add some more properties to your search request.

But all the time the properties description, title, and content will be used for the search. In this case you have all the time a full-text search over the content and description and title.

Best regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your replies so far. I started to program a custom search. To search the title I use the following code:

sqb.setSelectedTitle("title");
sqb.setDisplaynameIncluded(true);

But which method could I use to turn off the full text search. Because TREX is still searching the document content as well.

Regards

Joachim

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it is possible.

If you are doing a full text search or not depends on your TREX search query command.

Best regards

Frank

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

I think Joachim wants to use the normal search box and thus he wants to exclude the full text search.

So how can we manipulate the search query command?

I think if there is a way in the index itself to exclude the text mining, that should be the approach.

Regards

BP

former_member188556
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If solved, please explain the way...