cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed assets addon - question about items...

former_member303406
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does an asset item has necessarily to be inventoried ?? If so, this is not logical to see them in the Audit Report.... what do you think about that ?

thanks,

Luce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivy_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luce,

I would like to confirm if you are talking about the assets defined in Fixed Assets Master Data window in fixed assets addon module.

According to our knowledge, fixed assets defined in fixed assets addon module will not be shown in inenetory audit report as it is not an item in item master data.

Even an item defined in item master data, only when there is inventory transaction for it, it will be shown in inventory audit report.

Regards,

Ivy Zhang

SAP Business One Forums Team

former_member303406
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you didn't understand...

I'm talking about the FIXED ASSETS ADDON and not the "Fixed assets" checkbox in the Item Master file...

When we use the Fixed Assets Addon, this one creates the assets as inventory items... without checking the "Fixed assets" checkbox... so each time I will use those items to manage assets, the audit report will show them... no ?

thanks,

Luce

ivy_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luce,

Stock Audit report is for all stock items which can be found in 'Inventory-> Item Master Data' in the company.

When you define a new fixed asset in fixed assets module, Financials -> Fixed Assets -> Fixed Asset Master Data, the fixed assets will not be shown in stock audit report because the asset is not a item in item master data.

When you define a assets class from Administration ->Setup -> Fixed Assets -> Define Asset Classes, the asset classes are defined as items and appear in the item master data. Consequently, some items in your system represent asset classes. Using items enables Fixed Assets to be integrated easily with the Purchasing and Sales modules in subsequent versions of Fixed Assets. This integration means that you can, for example, purchase assets using the purchase order and incoming invoice processes.

If you manage the fixed assets on assets level, not classes level,there will be no stock transactions for these assets classes and the assets classes will not be shown in stock audit report.

On the other hand, if you make some stock transaction on these assets classes in Business One core module, the assets classes will be shown in stock audit report.

I hope this anwsers your question.

Regards,

Ivy Zhang

SAP Business One Forums Team

Answers (0)