cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

script logic/allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is my requirement. We need to project the budget values of next year using current year actuals incremented by some percent.We get the year for which the budget values are to be calculated and percent of increase using data manager prompt and I tried the following allocation and logic.But was not able to finish it.

>USING ALLOCATION

>*RUNALLOCATION

>*FACTOR=%PERCENT%

>*DIM TIMEINWEEK WHAT=BAS(%BUDYEAR%(-1).TOTAL);WHERE=BAS(%BUDYEAR%.TOTAL)

>*DIM CATEGORY WHAT=ACTUAL;WHERE=BUDGET

>*ENDALLOCATION

The above logic returns an error and when I replace %percent% by 2, %budyear%(-1).total is multiplied by 2 and allocated to all base members of %budyear%.total

I tried this logic even

*when *

*is *

*Rec(factor=2,category=budget,timeinweek=timeinweek.nextyear)

*endwhen

*commit

where nextyear is a property in timeinweek, which stores the time period to store. For example 2007.jan will have 2008.jan in nextyear property.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kranthi

Edited by: kranthi kumar on Oct 7, 2008 8:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try either

USING ALLOCATION

*RUNALLOCATION

*FACTOR=(1+ USING/100)

*DIM ACCOUNT WHAT=BAS(ALLACCOUNTS);WHERE=<<<;USING=PERCENT

*DIM TIMEINWEEK WHAT=BAS(%BUDYEAR%(-1).TOTAL);WHERE=BAS(%BUDYEAR%.TOTAL)

*DIM CATEGORY WHAT=ACTUAL;WHERE=BUDGET

*DIM Entity USING=GLOBALOPS

*ENDALLOCATION

The above logic assumes that the account Percent has been populated (in whole numbers ie 4, not .04) in the GlobalOps (or any toplevel or dummy entity) Entity and is used for all data. It also assumes that the top of your AccountDim tree is AllAcccounts.

or

*when Category

*is ="ACTUAL"

Rec(Expression=%value%(1+Percent),category=budget,timeinweek=timeinweek.nextyear)

*endwhen

*commit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please indicate the version you are working with, so that we can adjust accordingly. Are you in BPC 7.0 NW, 7.0MS, or 5.1SP3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petar,

Its BPC 5.1 with no SP.

But any way BPC NW7 scripts are out and i guess BPC MS 7 will support the same script as in BPC 5.1

Kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. Actually, Allocation scripts are supported by BPC 7.0 NW, which is why I asked. I will review the logic again to see if I have any ideas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Petar. I read some where that script logic is out in NW version.So I thought allocation logic also was out. I havent worked with NW version yet.