Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to skip selection screen ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have a problem:

i an abap i have an selection screen with lets say 10 fields.

how can i avoid that this selection screen is displayed ? i want to do the 'execute' (F8) autmaticly with prefilled values.

But not for every user, only for a special variant of the report .

how can i handle this ?

reg, Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try creating a parameter transaction. Be sure to select 'Skip first screen'. And fill in the defaults for the selection screen.

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this thing in 2 steps

1. Create a transaction for your report program

2. Write a new program in which you will check for the user names

if the user executing the program comes in the category where you need to directly go without selection screen then you can use the SUBMIT statement, if the user is not in that category then call the transaction which you have created and it will show you the selection screen.

Regards,

Pramod

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Martin,

I don't think this can be done directly, only with workaround:

write a small program which calls the original program with SUBMIT. The program should check the username and depending on that, either makes SUBMIT ... VIA SELECTION-SCREEN (in this case the selection screen will appear), or SUBMIT ... USING SELECTION-SET '...' (in this case the program will start automatically).

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try creating a parameter transaction. Be sure to select 'Skip first screen'. And fill in the defaults for the selection screen.

Rob