cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher and SNC WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I connect my Web Dispatcher to a WAS that is not running SNC it connects okay but if I point it to a WAS that is running SNC I get SNC related arrors in the file dev_webdisp.log:

-

[Thr 6968] *** ERROR => invalid service descriptor token 'p:GB\SAPServiceQAS' [ictxxroute_r 2681]

[Thr 6968] *** ERROR => syntax error in text description near line 4 [ictxxroute_r 3135]

[Thr 6968] *** ERROR => IcrUpdateServerPoolFromDescrString() failed 6 [icrxx.c 1762]

-

If I call the /sap/public/ping service on the WAS directly from Internet Explorer on my PC it connects okay, but if I call the same service from my PC via the Web Dispatcher it failes with the above message in the log file and the below HTTP message:

-

500 Dispatching Error

Dispatching Error

Error: -26

Version: 6040

Component: HTTP_ROUTE

Date/Time: Tue Feb 07 12:47:50 2006

Module: http_route.c

Line: 2352

Server: UKLONSAP011_QE7_10

Detail: no valid destination server available for '!ALL' rc=13

-

I cannot find any information relating to the Web Dispatcher and SNC on help.sap.com or OSS.

Do I have to install the SNC library onto the Web Dispatcher server? If so, how do I then reference it?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

oliver_luik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

SNC library is not required for Web Dispatcher.

The problem seems to be the data the message server provides with the URL http://<msg_host>:<msg_http_port>/msgserver/text/logon?version=1.2

If SNC is activated you will have an entry for RFCS in the data like:

RFCS bin.wdf.sap.corp 4853 p/secude:CN=BIN, O=SAP-AG, C=DE

The error " invalid service descriptor token 'p:GB\SAPServiceQAS' " indicates that the parser could not parse the response from the message server. Then the server list is empty and you get the "dispatching error".

Maybe the backslash lets the parser struggle. Please check that you have an up to date version running (6.40 kernel patch level > 90). If that is the case, then this problem should be handled by OSS message.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thank you very much for your reply.

We are currently on a kernel patch earlier than 90 but will be upgrading soon. Thanks for confirming that I do not need to install the SNC library!

Thanks

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I just found the latest version of the Web Dispatcher (version 100) and it worked!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

you seem to have the background with using SNC with Web dispatcher. I have question related to their use. We have started a project to implement APO-SNC and would like to expose web page to external customers who can enter their forecast via the web page. The web page essentially connects to APO-SNC in the back end to update. We are struggling to decide between the use of web dispatcher on the web server in the DMZ vs using something like Enterprise portal. We do not want to use EP since we have not started using EP in other areas. We would like to stick to Web dispatcher to communicate between SNC and the web. Do you see any issues with this? Are there any pros and cons of using web dispatcher vs Enterprise portal?

Appreciate your help

regards

satish

Answers (0)