cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to copy a Cross-Tab object and Formulars to a new report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Afteroon all,

I have created a Balance Sheet report using quite a few formulars and items. They are listed in a cross-tab object. Everything is working fine except something has happened to the report at some stage and it is causing problems when I deploy my web app (the rpt file will not delete when I undeploy my web app, it gets locked, untill I shutdown tomcat)

So I want to try create a new rpt file and copy the cross-tab object and all its formulars across.

So is there a way to copy formulars from one report to another and also is it possible to copy a cross-tab object across.

Thanks

Darren

(PS Unless someone can tell me why my rpt file is being locked by tomcat)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If you're on a Windows machine, the likely cause is that the Java process for Tomcat is locking the rpt file while it's being used.

You can likely still copy the rpt file, then work with the copy.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running windows and the rpt file "locks" and I have just noticed the \WEB-INF\lib\derby.jar file also locks. I dont use the derby.jar file at all. (as far as I am aware - I got an oracle connection).

Maybe I am redeploying incorrectly or not clearing the report correctly.

What I do is, I copy the WAR file to the webapps folder, Tomcat unpacks the app and I can run my reports no problem, fresh data is displayed if different parameters are used. I then close my browser window and make changes to my report design. I delete the WAR file in the webapps folder and export my project to a war file again - to the webapps, Tomcat then tries to clear the old project folder so that it can deploy the new WAR. it clears out everything except the rpt file and the derby.jar files. And then of course cannot redeploy the WAR file. So I have to stop tomcat and delete the project myself and start Tomcat again.

Clearly this is not good as I dont want to have to stop and start my Tomcat server everytime I make changes.

So how should I correctly undeploy a current version of my webapp and then deploy the new changes. Or am I not doing something when I am finished viewing the report.

Sorry for going off Thread topic.

I have tried using copies of the report but the same still happens.

Thanks

Darren

--

Im busy reading the "CR not releasing the memory " thread, hopefully the answer is in there somewhere

Edited by: Darren Jackson on Oct 7, 2008 5:21 PM