cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP 4 - material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to maintian 'Sloc MRP indicator' as 2 (planned separately) but I want to set 'reorder point' and 'replenish qty' fields non-mandetory.

(Presently these fields are mandatory)

Is this possible? How can I do that ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it is not possible because it is program call.

why do you need to do this?

what is the bussiness requirement?

look at the SAP help

Material requirements planning is usually carried out at plant level. This means that the system adds together stocks from all of the individual storage locations, with the exception of individual customer stock, to determine total plant stock. It may be necessary to exclude storage location stock from the plant's MRP run, or you may want to plan certain stocks separately.

A warehouse is geographically too far away from the production location that is planned with the storage location MRP.

The stock of a storage location is only available for service and not for production.

Integration

If you plan several storage locations together or also want to plan storage locations using MRP, you can plan with MRP areas.

Features

The following options are available:

The storage location is to be planned separately. Fundamentally, separate storage location MRP is carried out using consumption-based planning. In this case, you must also define a reorder level and a replenishment quantity (fixed lot size) at storage location level. In so doing, it is possible to monitor this storage location's stock automatically, and if the stock level should fall below the reorder level the storage location is also replenished automatically.

In the planning run, stock that lies in this storage location, and which is planned separately, is not contained in the available stock at plant level.

If a receipt element (planned order, purchase requisition, purchase order, production order, and so on) or an issue element (reservation, sales order) refers to either a storage location that is excluded from the planning run or one that is planned separately these elements are not taken into account at plant level.

Reservations and sales orders, which are planned in a storage location for which MRP is carried out separately, are not included when calculating plant stock. The net requirements calculation for these requirements is restricted to this storage location.

The storage location is excluded from the planning run. In this case, the storage location's stock is not contained in the available stock at plant level, nor is it included in the planning run. The exclusion of storage location stock is only relevant to the planning run. You can, however, still make withdrawals from this stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want that this storage location stock should not be added to available stock but at the same time no recorder point is to be set.

This means if there is stock in that location, that will not be available to requirements at plant level but if there is no stock, no requirement will be generated since the reorder point is zero.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats Correct.

Ashutosh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And why did you choose a 2 for seperate planning instead of 1 for no planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to select '2' for planned separately but I want reorder point zero. There will be reservations created for this storage location. So as per requirement material will be taken, no execss stock is required.

How can I set this - planned separately and zero reorder point.?

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Even if you do changes, then also you can't avoid reorder point....this because if thinking practically, then from where i mean, based on wht the system will do net requirement calculations????

Hope it makes you clear...

Pls check....

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the point. For majority of parts, I do have reorder point but in some very high value item, I don't want to store the item and want it only when there will be requirement. So that the stock will be reuired only to fulfill the requirement.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Then its better to not to go for the MRP for the same...because you don't require the material frequently....

So whenevr it will be required, make the PO manually for the requirements....

Hope it helps...

Regards

Priyanka.P

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you did not get my point.

Of course I understand that you want plan the materials in this storage location separatly in general, but for an individual material you can decide if it is planned separatly or if you dont plan that material.

For your example I just think that you do not plan this material as you do not have a reorder point, so it is possible to enter a 1 instead of a 2 and everything whould be fine.

Means all materials having the 2 for this location will be planned seperatly, but this one material will not be planned in this location.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

As far as I know, if you activate storage location MRP, it needs reorder point and replenishment quantity as these are input for planning (requirement/dependent requirement are not considered).

I am not able to understand why do you need to run storage location MRP without reorder point/replenishment quantity. Can you please explain your requirement?

Thanks

Ashutosh