cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Self Service Administrator Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to make changes to the Self Service Administrator Role for ESS using NWDS and transport it through NWDI ...is there a way to do it...just like we create a track in NWDI and import the .sca file for ESS/MSS....

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shikhil,

this is what I normally do. I take a copy of the FPM application into the customer name space.

Then change the sap.xss.BaseConfigurationID parameter if the WDJ application in contention to point to this new FPM application

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I got a question...

is this what SAP recommends for changing config on the ESS applications?

Instead of changing the sap-delivered configuration that located in the srvconfig folder, we should make a copy of that srvconfig ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shikhil,

What is the exact question ?you want to modify self service administrator role?

what is the exact modification you need to do?

if it is something like hiding/showing additional fields in a page go to iview open it in preview mode and ctrl+right click will do the trick.if modification is not possible using that then you have to import your code to track and get that track into NWDS and deploy using NWDI

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

What we want to do is keep the calendar in the Timesheet collapsed by default once the employee opens the TimeSheet ....we were able to do so by going to the role Self Service Administrator Role on the portal....but then we had issues with Transporting it...that's why I need a way to modify the same thing in NWDS.,,

Thanks

Edited by: Shikhil Arora on Oct 7, 2008 9:14 PM