cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to do asset sale in BCS, FS item posting not generated Total Records

0 Kudos

As mentioned earlier, I am trying to do asset sale in BCS, thru Data collection/ update/ additional financial data/ transfer of non current assets.

In that I am selecting Sale of asset to third party, asset number and saving the transaction.

1) List of total record is not getting updated i.e. the FS item reflection is not coming of the assets sold.

It means that account posting in BCS is not taking place.

2) Does Asset sale generate FS item posting.

If yes, any step to be done in executing the same.

3) Where to see the gain/ loss on asset sale, Proceeds on asset sale, disposal of Non current assets etc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that I am selecting Sale of asset to third party, asset number and saving the transaction

If it's everything you did, then hardly you'll have any entries. Because you had to enter a lot of information additionally. Like 'Original Book Value', 'Begin. BV, Current period' etc. Not entered information means book value = 0. And nothing will happen with 0.

0 Kudos

Thaanks for your response, to support your point I have

1) In Asset transfer Tab, I have entered Invoice value.

2) In Prop assets sold tab, I have entered retirement year and period.

3) Based on above entry system has defaulted, 'Retire OC, Cur. Period' in AFD Asset sold tab.

Rest all other values, system has taken from master record. I have not entered the values as mentioned by you, since they got defaulted.

Another key question, do we need to do a step, for populating the asset sale in 'List Total Records'.

How to see FS postings of Asset sale.