cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication issues with the universes connection type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iu2019m having problems with authenticating users from AD for use with the Universes connection type. I can see the users have been correctly imported from Ad in CMC. However when I log in using one of the specified users I receive an error.

Log On to BusinessObjects Enterprise

Security plugin error: Failed to set parameters on plugin.

Iu2019m not sure what would cause the issue. Everything is set correctly according to the server documentation.

Clint Stanley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply.

Ok so if I have this correct what you are saying is I need to patch my client installs with the SP3 patch that I used for the server and I should be golden, because I'm currently running XIR2?

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well if your server is XIR2 (big if) and we know your client is CR XIR1. The recommended options is not to patch but to install CR XIR2 (uses the same license key).

If you don't want to do this, then you need to download XIR1 SP3 (very important not XIR2 SP3 or CR anything SP3). and that should resolve. I haven't tested this recently becasue all customers opt to replace the old version of CR

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I confirm that my server is XIR2?

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

from the server console run the CCM (central configuration manager) and let us know the full version of the CMS.

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Central Management Server Version 11.5.9.1076

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That's XIR2 SP3

You should be using CR R2 SP3 as well which would require a removal of CR R1 and install of CR R2 (uses the same license key) then patch to XIR2 SP3

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your time. I will give this a shot and get back to you.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Also not use the server version of SP3 patch the client version has a bug with AD/LDAP and requires an additional fixpack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an account for

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/bosap-support

and I have diligently looked for the Crystal Reports version we need but have been unable to locate it. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for the download.

The current version of the product that we have was purchased as media not a download.

Clint

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It actually appears to be [public|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/service_packs/crxir2.asp]

Former Member
0 Kudos

You rock!

The new version appears to have cleared up the issue.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The version is 11.0.0.1282

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

that's Crystal Reports R1. Are you trying to connect to and XIR2 server? We need to know the server version.

If XIR2 then you must patch the client with server patch SP3 or remove and install crystal reports XIR2 (recommended)

If XIR1 I'm not sure... Haven't seen this before

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to log into our server via a new connection in Crystal reports client side install.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

oh when you said universes I thought you meant designer.

help/about will give a full version info.

In designer this doesn't work so I needed the other.

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see designer however I can confirm with the inventory tool that SP3 is installed.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I thought we established you were logging into designer, what are you logging into?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I tell which SP I have installed. The reason I don't know is that I have taken over this project after the initial install of the server side software.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

go to windows start\programs\bo program group\software inventory tool

If you don't have the tool it's likely earlier than SP3

Also try checking designer.exe version as well, make sure there are no descrepencies

Regards,

Tim

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is AD auth working for any users?

Is this error only from designer (how about crystal, business views, deski)?

Do you have client SP3 installed?

Let us know.

Regards,

Tim