Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI In screen Painter not working .plz help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Installed SAP ABAP trail version 7.01 .

I have Installed The GUI 6.40 forntend.

It is working fine, BY using this I can connect to system, do pogrraming .

But when click on layout button of any screen it show a msg " No response from some file .exe ( like ginit.exe I am not remembering the name exactly) and then it shows line edditor instead of graphical editor.

And I want graphical editor.

While Installing GUI there were lot of check boxes where there but I hecked the check box for GUI only beacuse I was not knowing anything about the rest, do I need to reintall it and selecte some more check box to fix the problem.

I really dont know what should do, If anyone have any suggestion please let me know.

Good answers will be appriciated.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

SELECT all GUI Components while reinstalling..........

4 REPLIES 4

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

uninstall the SAP GUI and reinstall. some time it behaves like that. check it once. apply latest Gui Patches.

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Download the new patch for this GUI , then u will be able to work ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

SELECT all GUI Components while reinstalling..........

0 Kudos

Hi, When you install the SAPGUI you can choose the GUI component. Check you have selected the 'Screen Painter* in the Installation. No need to uninstall the SAPGUI. Just Re-install the GUI with the Screen Painter component. It will solve your problem. Thks.

Rgds,

Jey