cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibase and Ibase component. Where are they saved when using dswp_create_msg?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our customer is letting users create Help Desk tickets via service dswp_create_msg only.

The problem is that none of these tickets show an IBase nor an Ibase component when displayed on the transaction monitor. Both IBase and Component columns are filled with 0s only.

But if you then open up the tickets, the IBase and component are shown in their fields.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I can resolve the problem.

The IBase and Component should show up in the columns of the monitor......

Many thanks,

Brodo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brodo,

Use the F.M "DSWP_IBASE_READ" to get the list of all the IBase available in the SolMan System you are using.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create the iBase.

IMG Path: SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Basic Settings -> Standard Configuration of Basic Settings -> Solution Manager -> iBase -> Initially Create and Assign the Component Systems as iBase Components.

For some functions, such as Service Desk, the system landscape must be defined as installation (iBase). An IBase component is created in the installation for each system in the installation. An iBase contains general data and components (e.g. products, texts, etc.) (Everyone should know that Solution Manager is CRM 5.0 system J).

So we are going to create the iBase (Installed Base) from the corresponding solution. You can also create it from scratch, but in this example, we will use a pre-configured solution which contains all the satellite systems involved in the support.

Solution Manager provides us an automatic way to create the iBase from the solution.

Go to transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER, select the solution and go to menu Edit -> Initial Data Transfer for iBase. Automatically an iBase component is created for each system installation number.

Assign Business Partner to iBase Components.

IMG Path: SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> Basic Settings -> Standard Configuration of Basic Settings -> Solution Manager -> iBase -> Assign Business Partners to iBase Components.

To be able to assign automatically some type of partner to the message transaction, we have to assign those partners directly to the iBase Component. In my example, I will only assign a partner to the root component, as this all the subsequent components will have the same partner assignment. The only partner function assigned will be the Sold-to-Party who correspond to the root organizational Model. This is a bit confusing to name it Sold-to party but, keep in mind that Solution Manager is a CRM system...

In my system there is a kind of Bug: the IMG documentation tells us to assign three types of business partner to iBase Components: Key Users, Administrator and Sold-To-Party.

But in my system it is not possible to have the Administrator and the Key Users selected. This is due to a missing customizing in the partner determination procedure for the iBase. In our example we are only assigning the sold-to-party, but if you want to correct this missing customizing, you will find a solution at the end of this chapter.

Go to transaction ib52, select the iBase you have just created. Select the root component (for example SAP Systems) and assign the partner through the menu Goto->Partner. Select the function Sold-to-Party and assign the partner number.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does someone knows what is the extra customizing to be done in order to be able to have the administrator selected in partner function assignment for IBase/Component 5IB52) ?

Best regards,

Stéphane.

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've assigned a "sold to" partner to the Ibase component in IB52, but I still do see the assignment when I look at a document (SDCR in my case) under partners. I also get the error that a sold to needs to be assign when trying to save the document.

Any ideas??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brodo,

Please try use DSWPNOTIFCREATE instead DSWP_CREATE_MSG, the Ibase will work fine..

kind regards..

Claudenir Bispo