cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We need to make Material valuation at Lot level means i procure certain material in Lots (1Lot = 100 Pcs).where Piece is the Base Unit of Measure & Lot is the Purchasing Unit.How can i perform this ..is there some feature in ECC 6.0 regarding the same.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with split valuation at batch level each batch will have its own value. Each batch will create an entry in table MBEW with its individual price.

The MBEW header level (without batch nubmer) will keep the moving average price for all stocks.

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following will be logic for material valuation.

Material will be valuated at plant level.Means the stock of l the material in all all the storage locations will valuated against the material price.

Suppose your Base uom is PC. and your material is valuated at v moving av price then stock value of the material will be number of pieces in the plant multiplied by the price.

If you procure the material in the lots, you have to maintain the cinversion of the Purcgase unit and base unit in the material master . Like 1lot = 100PC.

With this information system will convert all lots in the plant into the base UOM calucates the stock value.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Why can't you just maintian this in costing lot size as 100 EA (assuming EA as base unit of measure)

Also you can maintain Alternate UOM, 1 LOT =100 EA and maintain your Purchase InfoRecords in the Alternate UOM i.e LOT.

So that the base unit of measure will be same and procurement dept.will always deal in lots.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Material valuation can be done at plant level or company code level

not possible at material lot level

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use split valuation but that is also a material level