Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on a scenario !!!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a scenario ...

WHEN AN IDOC IS SEND TO XI FROM CUSTOMER ,IT GOES TO XI & THEN FINALLY REACHES TO SUPPLIER.

CAN THE SUPPLIER MONITOR ALL THE EVENTS/ACTIVITIES - STARTING RIGHT FROM R/3 WHEN THE DOCUMENT STARTS FROM OUTBOUND SIDE;THEN THE ACTIVITIES IN XI; THEN FINALLY AT SUPPLIER SIDE IN SINGLE CUSTOMER SCREEN FROM A SINGLE DOCUMENT FLOW FROM R/3 TO SUPPLIER SIDE.

EG.

r/3 -> XI -> SYSB ... AND I WANT ALL THE EVENT AND TRACES FROM SYSA -> SYSB.

Is there any tool to accomplish the same ? Or do we need to go in for inhouse development ?

Regards,

Shabarish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When You Install XI you will create users for RWB that implies RWB gets installed while installing XI ....If RWB does not exist use sxmb_moni tcode and monitor.....hope this answers your question...

regards,

Sundar

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess thats not what i am lookin for ... maybe I confused you guys with that post ...

Well consider a third party who wants to see and monitor the whole scenario (Say the supplier in this case). My client is the customer but the supplier wants to see and monitor the flow and say he doesnt have access to my XI box. So that means he has no acccess to sxmb_moni or the end to end monitoring features but still he wants the whole events and traces on a single screen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Regd. Trace/Log files.

According to me you can get the Trace files from XI server. What I am suggesting is write a program which will pick up the trace/log files from the XI server and send to the thrid party systems/users at the end of the day.

One more option is writing an Alert without using BPM.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey shabz..

Is the reciver system an webAS..if it so i think you have to develop a ITS enabled Functional module and call the particular transaction..

and check the below link in a different view..on computing center management system..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7c/14b5765255e345a9e3f044f1e9bbbf/frameset.htm

Cheers!

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the sole purpose of End to End Monitoring in Runtime Workbench. Explore on it. You will be able to do this.

navigate thro this link and explore

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/98/1ccbed8a233e4ca57d2b938e67c188/frameset.htm.

Hope this helps.

regards,

P.Venkat

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But what if the supplier does not have access to the workbench ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interesting, you mean to say that if the Target system is a file system or a 3rd party system, how can he access the RWB or even moni??

What if the Supplier is a Non-sap entity??and asks for a end to end monitor??

Even email or alerts can not be feasible then as you would typically have 3 e mail adapter, like idoc comes from R3 (1 email) then goes to xi (another email) and posts a file to supplier(another email).

Plus the time duration is too short for emails to be trigerred.

Anirban.

former_member185845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

we are developing a customized tool from which we can trace out all the activities performed by the message

starting from r/3 system to supplier place.

it should give all the steps like ,

1.outbound activities performed from r/3 system

2.payload details,soap envelope ,from xi.

for this we need to find out the standard tables provided by SAP for Xi, RFC provided.we are just curious to know whether u can provide us the further links

Regards

chandra shekar

XI consultant

Global Competency center

Saar brucken -Saar land(germany)