cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load from Data Stream Method Substitution with Apply Existing Rule Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SEM-BCS Experts,

In Load from Data Stream Method for substitution of Investee Unit we implemented a condition with multiple steps with Item Selection - "Move" Investee Unit rules. For example, if we load Item 280024, "Move" Investee Unit C0120 and, if we load Item 280002, "Move" Investee Unit C0109 . We used this rule ("Apply Existing Rule" Option) in another Load from Data Stream Method again. But the system uses for each Investee Unit substitution the Investee Unit from the first step and ignores Investee Units from other steps.

Have you ever used "Apply Existing Rule" option in customization of Load from Data Stream Methods? Could you, please, share your ideas regarding the solution of this problem?

Thanks.

Mila Ignatova

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is unclear as to whether or not a rule is actually created and used in the first LDS method. If so, then the "apply existing rule" should work as long as that rule is defined in this alternative LDS method as well.

It simply does not have to be re-configured, but defined, or pointed to in the configuration of each LDS method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan, thank you very much for your fast reply. I am really impressed by your knowledge and experience.

Regarding the condition rule, yes, I checked it and it works in the original Load of Data Stream Method but it does not work as "Apply Existing Rule Option".

Mila

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may have to search SAP Notes for a solution. If nothing is found in SAP Notes, then opening a customer message with SAP may be the only way to resolve this.

Sorry I am unable to help further with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dan.

I found the reason. The source item characteristic is different in both methods (we use different source cubes). That's why we cannot use this rule.

Mila

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification. In my answers I assumed the same cube was being used, as that is the typical scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My pleasure. Thanks to you.