Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom IDOC - interface parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an inbound IDOC with 1 segment and 4 fields. I have done the steps, but I receive an error in WE19 when I try to test. The error is : Interface for function is incorrect. Is it mandatory to use the interface parameters like in the help?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/dc/6b7df143d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

If not what steps should I take to get this error corrected?

Thank you,

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the inbound Fm u r referring here...In case of the std inbound Fm they SAP will setup the status and necc. things where as for the Customizing we need to create the Fm for inbound.

Regards,

bharani

3 REPLIES 3

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the inbound Fm u r referring here...In case of the std inbound Fm they SAP will setup the status and necc. things where as for the Customizing we need to create the Fm for inbound.

Regards,

bharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you do not follow the Standard Convention for creating a Custom Posting Program with all the Parameters mentioned in the Link you visited, Yes. you'll get an Error in WE19.

So, it is necessary to declare / define all the parameters as they are defined in the Standard Inbound Function Modules. Refer to any of the Inbound Function Modules such as IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS, IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY, IDOC_INPUT_DELCON etc.

Also, your Custom Posting Program should have the Naming Convention IDOC_INPUT_<Message Type>.

Make sure you set up the Custom Process Code in case you are coding a Custom Posting Program and have the Process Code migrated to the Testing Environment.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.. I have other questions also.. about EXEC SQL and DBIF_DSQL2_CONNECTERR