Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

function in bps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have bps integrated on BW3.5.

I created a bps web layout with a planning sequence formula and I need to start automatically planning sequence when I start the layout.

How can I do it?

Thanks in advance

Gianmarco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try doing this. In the first screen of layout builder, you will get an icon on top right for automatic planning function. Click on that and you can assign any planning function or sequence to that particular layout. Further, this layout can be incorporated in your web interface. I believe this will suffice to your requirement.

Please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of web interface, the planning functions or the sequence can be made automatic while creating the manual layout in BPS0. In the first screen of layout builder, you will get an icon on top right for automatic planning. click on that and you can assign any planning function or sequence to that particular layout. Further, this layout can be incorporated in your web interface.

Please award points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<Font Face="Tahoma" Color="Blue">

Hi,

If you want a planning function to be executed after data changes are done in a planning layout then you can do it in 2 ways:

1. In t-code BPS0, go to change mode of planning layout and in the 1st screen, go to button "Automatic Planning Function"..somewhere near the right hand top side of planning workbench. Here you can specify the planning function which would be executed after data changes are done in your layout.

2. Otherwise in t-code BPS_WB, in your web interface, select the planning component - planning layout. In the properties of the layout, you would find an option to specify attribute "Function After Data Change". Specify the planning function here. It would do the same thing.

But unfortunately, I think above 2 options may not work for you. Because you said that you would like the planning function to be executed before planning layout is displayed and not after that.

Hence in my opinion, you should do as below:

In t-code BPS_WB, in your web interface, select the planning component - the last variable (which ever is the last variable user would be selecting once the web interface is displayed to the user). In the properties of the variable, you would find an option to specify attribute "Event on Selection". Specify the planning function here. It would execute the planning function. Then user would be displayed the planning layout.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Abhijit

*PS: Please reciprocate by assigning points if above response was useful

</Font>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

I think that the following solution is better but I don't understand completely it. Could you explain me step by step please?

Hence in my opinion, you should do as below:

In t-code BPS_WB, in your web interface, select the planning component - the last variable (which ever is the last variable user would be selecting once the web interface is displayed to the user). In the properties of the variable, you would find an option to specify attribute "Event on Selection". Specify the planning function here. It would execute the planning function. Then user would be displayed the planning layout.

Thank you very much

Gianmarco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are using Planning Folder or Web Interface?

Please let me know this because reply would depend on this.

Regards,

Abhijit

*PS: Please reciprocate by assigning points if above response was useful

</Font>

Former Member
0 Kudos

web interface

thanks