cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison of Char values in a report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to create a query which includes comparing of 2 Characterisitcs adna 3rd column telling whether these 2 columns are same or not.

A Short Description:

The reporting needs to be done on Authorisation tables in BW system. An infoset is created and a Virtual Infocube is created to serve as an infoprovider for the reports.

In the report I need to include 2 seperate columns on one InfoObject which contains Numeric Character values (ex. $USER, 4, 10, **, $TMP etc.) and a 3rd column telling whether the two VALUES in these 2 columns are same or not.

I know I can compare values of a Key figure but how to compare Numeric Character values.

I have created this infoObject as a Charactreristic of length 40.

Please let me know a way to solve this problem.

Many thanks in Advance

Regards

Shalabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a formula variable of type replacement path based on your characteristic and use it in formula or CKF for comparision.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I tried that but formula variable is able to give me value only for the numeric value of that infoObejct LOW. For other values of LOW (ex. $USER, $TMP) I am not getting any values.

I need this Char InfoObject LOW to behave as a key figure so that I can include it in a structure in a query.

Thanks

Shalabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am still stuck with this problem.

Anyone who can help me solve this problem ?

Thanks & Regards

Shalabh Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally I am able to solve my problem by slightly manipulating the way the query should look without changing the actual requirement.

Now I have the query looking like:

Value (all the values)----

Role 1 -

Role 2

S*--

1--

$USER--

1--

Y*--

0--

I have considered that "1" behaves like a tick mark and means that the value is present for that role (0 -if not present). Rather than displaying the actual values in both the columns which I wasn't getting successful in. further on i have included a comparison column to compare if the roles are same or different.

Thanks to all for their time and energy.

Assigning points.

Regards

Shalabh