cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending PO (PDF attach.) via email: adding email body text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to send Purchase Orders to Vendors as PDF attachments to emails; I have successfully configured all the necessary:

For Output Type NEU

1) Access to conditions (General Data) set to X

2) Dispatch time 3 Send with application own transaction

3) Transmission Medium 5 for External send

4) Processing routines 5 includes a customer Program and Form to make use of my SAPScript

I have set up a Communication Strategy (NET - Internet) and created a condition based on a specific document type.

Using ME9F I can select my PO and successfully output the message - I can view the request using SOST and an email with the PO attached as PDF is sent to the correct recipient (email address of Vendor).

I would like though to add some text to the body of the email, which is totally empty. Can anyone please advise on how to achieve this? In the Output Type config there is a section "Mail title and texts"... can anyone tell me whether this section can be used to add body text to the email and how? I have managed to customise the "Title/Subject" of the email and PO but cannot find a way to add some text in the email body.

Thank you very much for your help.

Gab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member376779
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everything work for the email but does somebody find the way to write in the email Body Text ?

Best regards

ericsj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to OSS note 191470, solution point no 3: For sending PO as external email, cannot maintain body text, only email title is supported. I hope this help answer this question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can share the print program changes in this forum? I require the similar solution to add content in the PO email body text that is send to external email.

Thank you.

danilo_adam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

does someone solved solved the issue?

Regards,

Danilo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danilo,

You need to do some configuration for this.

- Goto NACE .

- Select EF and click on OUTPUT TYPES.

- Then select Output Type NEU and click on processing routines .

- In that you have to add a new entry - medium 5 .

- Then you need to assign a program, form routine and form.

- You can use the standard program i.e. SAPFM06P, FORM routine is always ENTRY_NEU and standard MEDRUCK.

- Then in PARTNER FUNCTION you need to add a new entry : medium - 5 and function - VN .

- For subject of the mail goto Mail Title and Texts. In title give PO No. &EKKO-EBELN& .

- Under General data -> Replacement of text symbols give programm as SAPMM06E and Form Routine as

TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE .

- Now the subject will be PO No. 1800004202.

- You need to maintain your email id in tcode SU01 and also the vendor's email id.

- Now while creating a new purchase order , change the medium to External Send .

- Then goto Communication Method and select CS01 . ALSO make sure that the Cover Page Text has value PO No. &EKKO-EBELN& .

- Goto tcode ME9F .

- Execute.

- Select the checkbox and click on Output Message.

- You will get a message MAII 00000000000001 generated .

If the BASIS guys have made the necessary configuration for sending mail then the mail will go .

You can see the status in tcode SOST.

If you want to use a z-programm and z-form then you need add the functions used in standard programm SAPFM06P for generating mail in your z-programm.

Hope it helps,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did anyone ever figure this out? I have the exact same requirement. Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can not find "Under General data -> Replacement of text symbols ..."

Help me please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriele,

Do you have a solution regarding Body text in Email. If yes can you please forward the solution.

Appreciate your help.

I am in ECC6 now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In NACE, select the corresponding Application, then Output types, then select the corresponding Output type. Then click on Processing Routines on the left, then select the line with "External Send" and click Mail Title & Texts. Then you will find three columns. The second column with Text is the one which contains the text to be printed in the email body.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

I get into the "Change Texts for internal mail:EFNEU Language EN" screen and I have tried to type some text but this is not included in the email body.

Gab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you are in the correct screen. This is the place where we enter the email text. You can also check print preview by giving a LOCAL Output device. If you still persist with the error, please check the Program and compare it with Standard Program in the Processing Routine definitions.

Thanks

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

thanks again for your help, I do appreciate it.

I have noticed that the text I insert only appears in the email body if sent to an SAP Inbox. But since I am sending the email externally (to a non R/3 system) then it seems that whatever I put in the text section of my output type is ignored by SAP.

Have you managed to put some text into an email body and send the email to a non SAP recipient/inbox?

Gab

0 Kudos

Hi

We also had the same requirement some time back.

It is not pssible by any standard output type configurations. You need to modify the printer program for the output type to incorporate this functionality.

It is possible through ABAP programming only.

Gobinathan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gobinathan G,

can you please expand on "modify the printer program for the output type"... what's the name of this program? Do you know which routine or function is responsible for inserting the email body text?

Any info on which standard object should be modified would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gab

Former Member

HI.

Maintain Strandard text in SO10 with your Standard text name as email body& langauge as EN (if you are having numarous company codes then make ST as Email body_Comapny code).

Then hard code this standard text name in script or forms...(if it is single company code).

If you are maintaing diffrent comany codes & diffrent langauge then you to create one Z table whre you map the text name with company codes...

Currently we are having same settings for 32 compny codes for diffrent langauges...

Hope this will help...

Regards

S B H