cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sol manager as a DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you use SAP Solution Manager as a Document Management System, please ?

I'm always eager to hear your opinion or arguments in favour of Solution Manager.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution Manager can be used as Document Management system. Its is particularly useful in SAP implementation and maintenance projects.

Eg: You have your Project defined in Solman, and under each project you have documents and the documentation done during the life cycle of the problem and corresponding configuration done in the sattilite system will be more meaning full when its refered back (ITIL process).

But, it itself is not a exclusive Document management system for general use as documents are organised as in windows folders only but with capacity to search documents, track who opened and closed documents and lock documents while working. But to use as DMS there are good products out there in market.

So, answer is, it yes, its very good DMS for SAP projects. Ok for general purpose.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer so far, it is surely helpful.

I'm still looking for more opinions. Question will be closed soon... Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or let me clarify:

1) do you use Solution Manager to manage projects and add documentation at the right place in Solution Manager ?

2) If so, do you leave the documentation in there after project termination or do you migrate to SAP DMS or other solutions ?