cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Ten Transactions in ST03N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I wanted to find the response time for the top 10 transactions in sto3n, I went to the Transaction profile and into the standard option

There it shows me a list of transactions, should I look at the columns total response time (s) or the average reponse time/dialog step (ms)

Can someone guide me on this...

Thanks

Aliila

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aliila,

If want to see top ten transaction in a particular time interval then go to ST03 ,on the left hand side below worload there will be detailed analysis click it to open the list inside it then choose last minute load and specify the time interval after that click the green tick mark to get the result . On the left hand side you will see Analysis Views below that there will be Transaction Profile tab just click it to open the elements inside it and finally double click the standard. You will see the list of all the transaction runned in that interval then based on ur required for example to get the top 10 transaction on dialog response time you can sort that coloumn in desending order to get the desired result or to get the top 10 transaction based on total response time sort the total response time coloumn in desending order..

To check the performance check Average Response time (ms)

Dialog response time for a particular transaction should be less than 1200(ms) if it is crossing 2000(ms) then check where it is consuming the max time it may be CPU time DB response time etc.if it is a Z report than you have to tune that report.

Regards,

Prashant

Edited by: Prashant Shukla on Oct 13, 2008 10:45 AM

Edited by: Prashant Shukla on Oct 13, 2008 10:46 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aliila,

Yes, your focus would be on the "Avarage response time".

But remember one fact when going for system performance troubleshooting - "Not all tcodes/statements are worth tuning". That means when you see the avg response time to be very high, (e.g for a r/3 system you expect it to be lower than 2000ms) you rate the tcode as slow. At the same point of time, you've to look at the total response time and how much contibution it has on the overall system performance.

So the recommendation is,

"Sort the Total Response Time column in ascending order. Then Total this column. Transactions causing more than 5% of this total response time are worth a closer look with respect to tuning measures (if the corresponding Avg response time is more than the recommended threshold value like 2000ms or so)"

Hope this helps.

Debasis.

pavan_kumargali
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Aliila,

You should look into Average response time, which is correct identification of performance of the transaction.

Refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelpnw04/helpdata/en/c4/3a6af1505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm_

Hope this helps!!

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Gali.

Edited by: Pavan Kumar Gali on Oct 7, 2008 5:36 PM