cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the right way to use item category u201CTAW-Value itemu201D?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I want to bill customers for extra services like special freights, customary charge and so on.

This special cost should be included in the delivery from the salesorder together with an ordinary material number.

I donu2019t want the special cost to affect the stock quantity.

I was thinking about using item category group u201CDIEN- Service w/ Deliveryu201D in the material master, and item category u201CTAW-Value itemu201D in the sales order.

Is this the right way to use item category u201CTAW-Value itemu201D?

Or how is TAW supposed to be used?

Thanks in advance!

Ingegerd

Edited by: Ingegerd Andersson on Oct 7, 2008 2:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think instead of service you can use separate condition for frieght charges which will be based on material prices. this way you no need to maintain extra line item for prices. it freight charges varies according to situation then you can make this condition manually so that you can manually maintain the frieght according to need.

If you use TWA it is also very useful for services e.g consultancy charges for it you need to maintain seperate line item where you can maintain price for service. the most important factor is that you need to confirm the service by delivery document cause it will be taken the service quantity based on service confirmation based on delivery. You no need to maintain any stock for picking quantity in delivery jsut do the PGI service will be confrim.

points if helpful

Regards

Shambhu Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much for your answer.

We are using manually conditions for freight charges already but this time we want to give the customers more information. That is why I thought about using a salesorderline with a different item category and change the item description in the salesorder.

When I use TAW and look in the document flow for the delivery I see a document u201CConfirmation of services.u201D. Am I supposed to do something with it (confirm something) or is it just an information?

Regards

Ingegerd Andersson

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I use TAW and look in the document flow for the delivery I see a document u201CConfirmation of services.u201D. Am I supposed to do something with it (confirm something) or is it just an information?

- That's for your reference only, replacing the usual post goods issue.

Answers (0)