cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter display on CR2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using dynamic parameter on CR2008. I have 705 records I am pulling into the LOV.

In CR2008 there is another drop down below the list that sections off the results into four lists. This also will filter it. (Hopefully someone knows what I'm describing). I'd like to have all the results displayed instead of them getting split into four lists.

Since I can't add an 'All' option to the dynamic parameters, I atleast need to be able to allow a one click add all for the user to add all items in the list.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Curtis, (or anyone else) did you find a solution to get CR 2008 to display all dynamic parameter LOV's in 1 list instead of broken up into subsets in the dropdown box? This is most annoying and certainly NOT intuitive at all for the end user.

I'm hoping someone knows a way to turn this "feature" of CR2008 off?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave / Curtis,

This is a new feature added to the product to enhance the speed of processing LOV's. Since the LOV's appear in batches, it takes lesser time to get all the values.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to add All to the dynamic parameter list? If you are using Multivalued parameter then you can click on button >> which adds all the values from database. If you are using discerete value then you need to create a seperate command using add command in database expert like

select field from table
union
select '..All' from table

You can add filter condition if you have any.

Now remove the links between this command and the existing tables and create a new dynamic parameter using the field from this command and use the record selection like

if {?parameter}="..All" then
true
else
{field}={?parameter}

Regards,

Raghavendra