cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock posting error using movement type 122 in vmenge08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day Experts,

Im trying to add a new movement to the stock posting from QA11. For testing purposes i assigned movement type 122 to vmenge08. However when i try do the stock posting i get the following error: Update control of movement type is incorrect (entry 122 X X). Im reluctant to change the control of the movement type because if i use vmenge07 which is the standard setting linked to the 122 movement it processes correctly and returns the stock against the PO linked to the inspection lot. Any ideas or further settings that need to be enabled for vmenge08 to function correctly with this movement type?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have a system to test it in but if you use the exact same settings for VMENGE08 as in VMENGE07 it should work the same.

Have you tried using another movement type in VMENEGE08? Say the 321 and 309 settings used in VMENEGE06? I know those work in VMENGE08 as i have used them. If they work, and then you can't get the 122's to work I would ask SAP via OSS.

Amol - You can add VMENGE08 in config under new entries. If you read the configuration documentation for "Define Inventory Postings" it explains VMENGE08 as well as some other additional functionaliyt including adding a custom description for VMENGE08.

Craig

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the suggestion, i linked the 321 movement to vmenge08 and that processed no problem. I was originally going to log a note via OSS just throught i would try here to see if maybe i was missing something. I have even tried to setup customer exit QEVA0001 to execute as per vmenge07 but had no such luck.

Naik,

I originally have copied the 122 to a 971 and that gave me the same error therefore i reverted back to the SAP standard 122 movement but still the same issue.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us know what SAP says!

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a thought,have you tried making a copy of 122 and then assigning it to vmenge08?

Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Pls explain ur requirement in detail.

In your post u said u have assigned movement type to field VMENGE08 in T code QA11 which confusing one because in standard stock posting screen there is no field by name VMENGE08 . It is only upto VMENGE01 from VMENGE07

Amol