Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overtime approval (custom) after +ve time evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using TM00.

I have customized the system for calculating overtime and generating wagetypes according the different rates according to day-types as specified by the client. I have used PCR TO16 (without approval) for this.

Now the problem is... the client wants that according to approval (which they'll give after seeing the time evaluation results), there can be an option of a com-off in favour of the premium foregone...

i.e eg on a saturday,,, overtime is at 200% basic pay... my schema generates a wagetype "double time" for that.... they want that in case of a comp-off the time-ff entitlement for overtime of lets say 8 hrs be 16 hrs... and of course if the overtime is rejected the wagetype is not considered...

now i can't make any changes to my time eval results on cluster B2.. so do i copy the results to a Ztable... do the calculations & adjustments there according to the approval... and make changes to the payroll schema to call this Ztable instead of Importing ZL from B2?

OR IS THERE A MORE VIABLE SOLUTION?

PLZ HELP!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the process of approval?

Is it a manual or automatic. If it is automatic, like more than the regular hours OT. You can go for TO15.

Or elase , when it comes to Saturday double hours, you have to write a custom PCR, the process is like this

Check the Emp Present? Then check the Daytype, Saturday Daytype will be 0, then check the number of planned working hours that will be also 0, then howmany hours employee worked (take from time pairs) add it one by one, then stroe those hours in a time type, then double the value, and add it to another time type and generate a wage type.

I think it is a quire difficult process, Pl see whether it is useful to you.

Regards

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The approval process is manual.

And the saturday example is not the only one... there are many customizations like these. My wagetypes are being generated accordingly.

What I need to know is that... if as a part of the approval process, the RM decides to provide time-off instead of Overtime remuneration, how do i replace these generated wagetypes (already in ZL on B2) with equivalent time-off?

Former Member
0 Kudos

so you want, convert those wagetypes to Absence Quota, kind of reversing the output generated after Schema processing TM00.

And if RM decides to give Time off instead of that wagetype, then in this case, i dont think of any standard customization. Because RM is going to do the pick and choose kind of activity. employee A and B both have same wagetype but employee B gets the time off and employee A get the same in the salary.

you shud go for Ztable.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx pradeep. will try that. let's see.

dear all, any other suggestions are welcome too

Edited by: Narayan Adeeb on Oct 8, 2008 10:43 AM