cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

Does anyone know where can I download SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0?

I have looking around in SDN and SAP Marketplace without success.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Petros

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petros,

The shipment of particular SAP enhancement package for mySAP ERP 2005 might

be based on defined Support Package Stacks. You can get the Enhancement package 1 in the below location.

service.sap.com/sp-stacks -> SAP Support package stacks -> then under "SP Stacks Business Suite" you'll find "SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP ERP"

Read the master guide first which you can get at

service.sap.com/instguides -> Installation & Upgrade guides > SAP Business suite > SAP ERP > ERP 6.0 > SAP Enhancement package for ERP6 > Enhancement package 1 for ERP6 > get the master guide.

Additionally check the below note

https://service.sap.com/support/note/996987

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Sorry but I am litle confused.

Do you mean that Enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and Enhancement package 1 for ERP6 is the same thing?

Best regards

Petros

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petros,

Enhancement package is available for ERP6 which is based on Netweaver 7. and these are like add-ons on the ERP. (there is nothing called enhancement package for NW7)

The purpose behind the enhancement package is to maximize the customer benifits from new developments, SAP accelerates the delivery of new functionality through enhancement packages that customers can choose to implement on top of mySAP ERP 2005.

if read through the master guide of ERP6 (its based on the NW7 technology), you will find...

Enhancement packages contain functional enhancements and enterprise services in areas such as shared services, end-to-end business processes such as order-to-cash or hire-to-retire, supplier collaboration, and industry-specific functionality. SAPu2019s new developments will therefore be delivered quicker and in a more accessible way thus continuing to offer the best possible return-on-investment with high-quality ERP functions.

for help,

go to help.sap.com > ERP > Enhancement packages.

Hope this resolves your confusion.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

I have read the note 1169804 and in this note refers to SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0.

I want to apply the enhancement package on my SAP Enterprise Portal 7.0 installation based on Java for to be able to use the new features - Visual Composer.

So if I have not undestand wrong, I must download Enhancement package 1 for ERP6, aplly this in to my ERP system and then I will be apple to use the new features for visual composer in my Enteprise Portal installation?

Regards

Petros

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petros,

Apologies, Please disregard my previous statement "there is nothing called enhancement package for NW7" which I made based on the products available on the marketplace for download for customers.

I believe SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 is in the ramp-up phase.

SDN home page for SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0

check here for availability for the customers.

Please see the blog from Mandy Weiss

What's New in the Portal for SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0

Sometimes SAP releases the note before placing the components on the marketplace. You can always post a oss message to SAP to know exactly when the components will be available for customers.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 8, 2008 1:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Nothing to apologies, thank you very mush for your help and quick respons.

Best regards

Petros

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem, you're welcome.

Regards,

Debasis.