SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is principle difference between 'payment run' & 'payment lot'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

what is principle difference between 'payment run' & 'payment lot' ?

by 'payment run' I understand all incoming payments and outgoing credits are settled

but doesn't payment lot also do that.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anshoo,

Payment Lot = Records Payments made in bulk.

Payment run = Too records Payments made in bulk

Difference

Payment lot = Usually u receive file from bank and post the items as a Lot <inbound file>

Payment run = U generate Payment run and send the file to the bank <outbound>

For Payment lot = Customer need not be on Direct Debit

For Payment run = Customer has to be on Direct Debit

For Payment lot = Payment can be thru chq/cash/cr card and Payment on account too can be posted

For Payment run = Payment is made only when the Customer is on DD and you cannot make payment unless there is either Open Invoice or BB line item

Hope this clears

Rgds

Rajendra

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anshoo,

Payment Lot = Records Payments made in bulk.

Payment run = Too records Payments made in bulk

Difference

Payment lot = Usually u receive file from bank and post the items as a Lot <inbound file>

Payment run = U generate Payment run and send the file to the bank <outbound>

For Payment lot = Customer need not be on Direct Debit

For Payment run = Customer has to be on Direct Debit

For Payment lot = Payment can be thru chq/cash/cr card and Payment on account too can be posted

For Payment run = Payment is made only when the Customer is on DD and you cannot make payment unless there is either Open Invoice or BB line item

Hope this clears

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Thanks

and how shall I differentiate a payment lot with a 'payment at cash desk' ?

a payment lot is also incoming payment and can be entered manually and so can a cash payment.

0 Kudos

see the Doc header for the doc in FPE3.

Origin Key wud be different 05 for Pay lot and 15??? for cash desk payment I guess <do not have ISU with me now>

Refer DFKKKO table too

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshoo,

The basic difference between payment lot and payment run is the party which initiates the payment.

In case of payment lot, the payment is initiated by the customer and upon receipt of paymnet it is posted through paymnet lot. The payment lot is posted through FP05 and FP25.

In case of payment run, the paymnent is initiated by the organisation. Payments like direct debit and cheque payments can be processed through payment run. The payment run is processed through FPY1.

Regards,

Ganesh