cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link inspection characteristic to table field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is it possible to link an inspection characteristic to a table field? For instance, I want to check whether the results entered in results recording equals the weight of the entire batch which is stored in MCHB-CINSM.

Thanks for your replies!

Regards,

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Pls explain ur requyirement in details. Are u developing a report if it is so then u can link characteristics with table feild

Tables will be

1) QAMR

2) QAMV

3)CHVW

4)QALS

AMOL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

No it is not for a report.

Basically I want to have the weight of the batch inside the results recording (as an inspection characteristic value), because certain calculations need to happen with this weight inside the results recording.

Thanks for replies,

Philippe

former_member400804
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

How the values will be derived,thorugh the result recording it will flow to batch?If it is so then you need to link the MIC with the class characteristics.

regards,

Lenin.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't need to send the information to the batch. It is infact information from the batch that needs to be send to results recording.

I can not use classified characteristics, because a characteristic can not be linked directly to table MCHB, only to MCH1...

Basically, I need the batch stock information (weight on stock)in my results recording screen...

Hope I made it clear, but don't hesitate to ask more clarifying questions.

Regards,

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Still ur requirement is not clear u said u want to check ur inspection result with field MCHB-CINSM . The field is for batch stock which is under quality inspection. This will be always be equal to inspection lot qty ( for that batch )

So u can compare ur inspection results with inspection lot qty it will be as good as comaring with MCHB-CINSM .

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that that would be an option, but how do I set this up so I can compare the results with this actual lot quantity inside my results recording screen?

Or can I import the actual lot quantity as a result itself?

Thanks,

Philippe

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you batch managed you should be able to display the batch values from the result recording screens, (two clicks I think). You can create a general characteristic that references a field directly. I'm not specifically sure about the one your talking about. I have a feeling if its in the MCHB table you can't. But if it is an MCH1 or MCHA table you can if your at the material or client batch level.

I don't think you'll be able to do anything in results recording directly.

The only possibility I can think of is to try to use a calculated characteristic. Create your own function which would retrieve the specific value your looking for and enter it as the value for the calculated characteristic.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

With table MCHB it doesn't work (as you already predicted) to reference the characteristic.

Working with a function module inside the calculated characteristics would indeed be the best option if it is not possible with standard SAP...

Regards,

Philippe

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see anyway possible in standard SAP.

With the calculated characteristic you should be able to do it. The only downside is that it cannot be the first characteristic in the plan. You will still need to reference a characteristic.. i.e. Z10010 but the function module would just ignore the value passed to it and go out and do its thing and return the table value you are looking for. My only concern is if the FM has enough info passed to it in the normal provided SAP structures to get the info you need.

Craig

Answers (0)