cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic for recall and terminate process for creating material using GP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a new material request process which is to be designed. The process steps are as below

1) User group one starts the process by entering the new material request which they enter the basic view

2) The basic view goes for approval to the approver which is based on certain rule

3) At any point, the initiator of the request(User Group One) should have the authority to recall the process, i.e , the GP link fro approval view should vanish and it should come to first state. He can also terminate the request totally and the process ends.

4) Once the approver recieves the approval task, he can approve or reject.

5) If approver rejects, it should go back to initiator(USer group one). The initiator ( user group one) can then revise and resubmit.

6) If approver approves, the material gets created in SAP with basic view. Based on some logic, it is decided which other views are required for the material completion. Once the basic view is approved and sits in SAP, GP should automatically trigger "N other materail" views request item to be sent to different groups who will fill up the respective views. i.e. Sales team will fill up sales view and submit. Purchasing team will fill up purchasing view and submit and so on.

7) Once the respective teams have filled up the views, they will submit the different material views.

😎 This views go for respective approvals to respective people.

9) If this views are rejected, then the respective teams have to revise and resubmit again for approval.

10) Once all the views are approved, the material gets created in SAP with all views.

11) At any point of time, the initiator(User group one) has the authority to recall the request. On recall , all workitems whatever stage they are should disappear and the process should go to Step (1) . Initiator can also terminate the request at any point of time and the process ends there and all item should disappear from respective GP inbox.

Any idea how this can be done. I can see the reject and revise can be done easily. I am more concerned about the RECALL and TERMINATE option.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

PN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate if some one can give some iputs.

Regards

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Portal Newbie ,

Follow my comments:

1) User group one starts the process by entering the new material request which they enter the basic view

2) The basic view goes for approval to the approver which is based on certain rule

3) At any point, the initiator of the request(User Group One) should have the authority to recall the process, i.e , the GP link fro approval view should vanish and it should come to first state. He can also terminate the request totally and the process ends.

If process initiator is the process owner (default role) he can stop process. To come to first state, he need to start the same process template again.

4) Once the approver recieves the approval task, he can approve or reject.

You can use the standard Callable Object (Visual Approval) and determine the workflow way by result state (approved or rejected).

5) If approver rejects, it should go back to initiator(USer group one). The initiator ( user group one) can then revise and resubmit.

Same as above but itu2019s interesting that you check this document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/609c52aa-8f0a-2b10-d59e-b5248a7a...

6) If approver approves, the material gets created in SAP with basic view. Based on some logic, it is decided which other views are required for the material completion. Once the basic view is approved and sits in SAP, GP should automatically trigger "N other materail" views request item to be sent to different groups who will fill up the respective views. i.e. Sales team will fill up sales view and submit. Purchasing team will fill up purchasing view and submit and so on.

To create that in SAP you may use a RFC or directly BAPI. To do that you may use a standard CallableObject like External Service under Service group in Create Callable object template. Another approach would be to publish RFC as WebServices and consume that by Web Service standard Callable Object. It will depend of how you will design your whole process.

7) Once the respective teams have filled up the views, they will submit the different material views.

Same as mentioned above.

😎 This views go for respective approvals to respective people.

Create groups containing people and assign this group as processor of action or block.

9) If this views are rejected, then the respective teams have to revise and resubmit again for approval.

Same as mentioned above.

10) Once all the views are approved, the material gets created in SAP with all views.

Same as mentioned above.

11) At any point of time, the initiator(User group one) has the authority to recall the request. On recall , all workitems whatever stage they are should disappear and the process should go to Step (1) . Initiator can also terminate the request at any point of time and the process ends there and all item should disappear from respective GP inbox.

Item 3.

Best Regards,

Pedro Nunes

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.

Just on the recall and terminate part

1) Terminate it is fine , the process will be terminated and he will need to start the tempalte again.

2) But in recall, as per requirement the process should not terminate. He should get a revise work item in his GP inbox.

Any idea how to do this ?

Regards

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You're welcome.

1) Yes

2) Document below, Page 26

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/609c52aa-8f0a-2b10-d59e-b5248a7a...

Best Regards,

Pedro Nunes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did go through Page 26 but it seems more of a sequential reject.

My requirement is something like this.

The inititator will have a recall work item always with him. At any point if he re calls, any work items ( approvals items, enter data items) pending with any user or approver at that point of time should get deleted and only one work item should come back to initiator inbox which would be the "Revise" work item

Regards

PN

Amey-Mogare
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pedro,

Can you please elaborate Point-8? That is

*8) This views go for respective approvals to respective people.

Create groups containing people and assign this group as processor of action or block.*

I am having one Guided Procedure in which Requester will submit the data for approval and it will pass through series of approval levels having multiple approvers at same level. So its a multi-level and multi-user approval process.

So I am setting an ouput parameter "nextApprover" initially and then as per the list of approvers this "nextApprover" gets updated. (in GP , this Processor for Approval is "filled from context parameter ie nextApprover")

Now I am setting a name of UME group for this "nextApprover" param and i am assigning set of UME users to this group dynamically in complete() method.

But that process is not appearing into Worklist of approver user !!!

I have checked the users of the group and that particular user is getting assigned properly. Following is the code I am using.

// this is inside complete method()

//dynamic users assignment to group
IGroupFactory gf = UMFactory.getGroupFactory();
IGroup group = gf.getMutableGroup("GRUP.PRIVATE_DATASOURCE.un:APPR_GRP1");	

group.addGroupMember("USER.CORP_LDAP.james007");		
group.save();
group.commit();	

output.setAttributeValue("nextApprover", "GRUP.PRIVATE_DATASOURCE.un:APPR_GRP1");

Thanks and regards,

Amey Mogare

Edited by: Amey Mogare on Nov 18, 2008 6:49 AM

Edited by: Amey Mogare on Nov 18, 2008 6:50 AM