cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Copy/backup&restore UWL-items to another Portal?

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to set up a new portal and would like to copy the uwl-items that are already in another portal. Is it just a table to copy or what will I have to do? At the moment only the standard uwl-items are used and there is no additional connector configured.

Thx, Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JoergHeyne
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

you can find the notification items in the DB.

Have a look at table: <DB_NAME>.KMC_AIB_ITEMS

hope that helps!?

Please let me know if this answer is useful.

best regards

Joerg Heyne

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. But somehow I cannot find a table named KMC_AIB_ITEMS in ABAP. Do I have to look in the Java Database? If yes, how can I do this?

Thx, Vanessa

JoergHeyne
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

the table is not a ABAP one.

you can find the table in "J2EE DB".

The only way i know, is to log on to your DB an have a look at the tables.

Theres no "transactional way" like ABAP.

Regards

Jörg

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I will have a look.

Greetings, Vanessa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vanessa,

The UWL items are not stored in Portal. They come from backend to which you setup the connectors to.

So lets say you have two portals P1 and P2 and they both are fethching the details from backend ECC system E1 then do the same steps you did in P1 for P2 as well and you should receive all the work items there as well.

Chintan

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your answer.

I didn't configure anything for the uwl and in this way the actioninbox connector is - imho - connected to the local system.

The question I don't get is... where are this items saved and how to backup / restore them?

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The workflow tasks are created in the ECC (backend SAP) systems. When you register any system, it connects to the particular backend system and picks up all the tasks and creates the UWL configuration file. So, there is no need from the Portal side to copy any configuration file, just click the register or re-register button and it will pick up all the tasks from that particular system. Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Mukesh