cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PortalRuntimeException: Failed in WD JNDI lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

We have Transported the ESS in EP production.There we have an iview Personal Information->India->Bank->Bank Information

when I look it into Preview of the same its giving me Below Error.But same activity if I do in Developent doesn't give me an Error.

*com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: Failed in WD JNDI lookup. javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: No child found in WebDynproContext with name base

I am new to EP.Please give me the Solution.

With Regards.

Supriya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Supriya,

go to content administrator-webdynpro -select your application from the list and run it.this will show whether all the code has been properly transported or not

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Bala,

Thanks for your reply.

When I run the application from webdynpro, it gives me a critical error in the following path :

An object with ID portal_content/com.sap.pct/srvconfig/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.in/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.pdata/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.fpmapplications/com.sap.pct.erp.srvconfig.per_personal_in does not exist.

I then checked in the following path to check the object but could not find it there.So does that mean that the patches have not applied properly as I don't think that these needs to be transported to one system to another.

Kindly suggest what can be the possible solution fo this.Your efforts will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still waiting for any suggestion from anybody...Require it little early.

Your efforts will surely be appreciated.

Regards

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Supriya,

did you check the same application from visual admin(undeploy and deploy)

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Can you be more specific & precise what & where to do ?

Waiting for your response...

Regards

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks like the iviews arent present?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey buddy,

In my previous message I already mentioned that the objects are not present.That says what are you saying.

Kindly suggest something that I can do to resolve this problem.

Regards,

Supriya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

You mentioned the problem is in Production, looks like the application is working fine in Dev and QA and have you made any changes to the Personal Information in NWDS, it looks like the changes are not been transported properly.

If you did any changes in NWDS move the code cahnges using NWDI and reimport the iView again and check it.

[|]

Please go through the link.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you deployed the ESS Webdynpro components in your production server.

The above related to ,it is not able to find the application

Regards

Ponnusamy